Closure is one of the greatest myths or legends on planet earth; I don’t know how they do it on other planets but for some reason, we have been taught that when something ends especially a relationship we must gain closure in order to move on. Life happens, things happen and someone we may have planned an entire life with may decide that they are done; they sometimes have a satisfying explanation for this and they sometimes don’t but most times they give no explanation.
The thing we call closure is only our ego seeking a way to make sense of the pain; it’s our ego seeking to hear anything other than the truth that we already know but are too afraid to face. The reason you want to call him/her to ask if she/he ever loved you is not that you don’t know the answer but only because you want to change his/her mind; you want to manipulate the situation to your favor. A situation you are still in denial of.
There are times when we know why something ends but then there will also be times when nothing makes sense, it is in times like this that learning is hard but then the only closure we will get must come from within. The answers will be the ones we give ourselves; there is no right or wrong answer… as long as the answers help us move on with our lives. Below are 10 quotes on closure
1. Sometimes you don’t get closure, you just move on. – Karen Salmansohn
2. Sometimes it’s better to just let things be, let people go, don’t fight for closure, don’t ask for explanations, don’t chase answers, and don’t expect people to understand where you’re coming from. – Rania Naim
3. You don’t need someone who isn’t strong enough to love you. You don’t need someone who can’t even face you and tell you why they had to walk away. You don’t need closure.- Rania Naim
4. The person you loved took a good long look at the awesomeness that is you, evaluated your relationship together, and said, “No, thanks. I’ll try my luck elsewhere.” That alone should make you realize that it wasn’t a match made in heaven. – Greg Behrendt
5. Closure is just as delusive-it is the false hope that we can deaden our living grief. – Stephen Grosz
6. Closure is a false harmony, a siren song masquerading as a swan song. – Timothy Snyder
Read Also: YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT
7. You are all you need and you know it. – Ord Florian
8. The imitation lives we see on TV and in the movies whisper the idea that human existence consists of revelations and abrupt changes of heart; by the time we’ve reached full adulthood, I think, this is an idea we have on some level come to accept. Such things may happen from time to time, but I think that for the most part it’s a lie. Life’s changes come slowly… the whole idea of curious cats attaining satisfaction seemed slightly absurd. The would rarely finishes its conversations. – Stephen King
9. Sometimes when I’m writing a superhero story I wonder if they really have to punch each other in the face. Is that really going to solve anything? I feel the same way sometimes when I watch episodes of Law & Order. I’m like, “Yeah, right. You found the sex offender and now everything is fine.” TV is big on closure, but I think closure is horseshit in real life. I’m still haunted by stuff I did in my teen years when I think about it too much. – Ed Brubaker
10. We eventually learn that emotional closure is our own action. We can be responsible for it. In any moment, we can choose to open or to close. – David Deida
It may be painful as hell but only we have the power to truly close a chapter in our lives properly. Will it be easy? Absolutely not but what good thing is?