Read This: As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
As a man thinketh is a book written by James Allen, a British Philosophical writer. It is a book that is based on the bible passage Proverb 23:7 that says “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he”.
As a man thinketh is a small but powerful book with only 29 pages; it talks about the treasure in your thoughts and how your thoughts lead to your actions and in turn leads you either towards or away from your destiny.
Below are ten quotes from the book.
1. Self-control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power.
2. A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped, and even then the weak man must become strong of himself; he must, by his own efforts, develop the strength which he admires in another. None but himself can alter his condition.
3. The outer conditions of a person’s life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state… Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are
4. As he thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.
Read Also: THE POWER OF YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND BY JOSEPH MURPHY
5. A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts.
6. A person is limited only by the thoughts that he chooses
7. Men are anxious to improve their circumstances but are unwilling to improve themselves
8. As a man thinketh in his heart, so shall he be
9. A particular train of thought persisted in, be it good or bad, cannot fail to produce its results on the character and circumstances. A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances.
10. All that a man achieves and all that he fails to achieve is the direct result of his own thoughts.
Note that when this author uses the word ‘Men’, he does not refer only to the male gender but he uses the word Men to address us all no matter your gender.