READ THIS: THE GAME OF LIFE AND HOW TO PLAY IT by FLORENCE SCOVEL SHINN
The Game of Life and How to Play it is one of the pioneering books on metaphysics and the laws of spirituality. Written by Florence Scovel Shinn and published in 1925, This book focuses on the power of words and how to use them to achieve your desires.
Self published by its author because of the inability to find a publisher ready to publish the book, it went on to become one of the most important books in metaphysics and the laws of life.
The Game of Life and How to Play it teaches that you can achieve all your desires using your words, keeping your faith by not reacting to a negative situation with more negativity and listening to your intuition carefully. It is a book of encouragement and mental strength. It has 101 pages and also comes in audio format.
Below are 10 quotes from The Game of Life and How to Play it
1. Most people consider life a battle, but it is not a battle, it is a game
2. You can control any situation if you first control yourself
3. The subconscious mind has no sense of humor and people often joke themselves into unhappy experiences
4. The robbers of time are the past and the future. Man should bless the past, and forget it, if it keeps him in bondage, and bless the future, knowing it has in store for him endless joys, but live fully in the now
5. Man can only receive what he sees himself receiving
6. Bills should be paid cheerfully, all money should be sent forth fearlessly and with a blessing
7. What man condemns in others, he attracts to himself
8. Whatever man feels deeply or images clearly, is impressed upon the subconscious mind, and carried out in minutest detail
9. So we see, to play successfully the game of life, we must train the imaging faculty
10. Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.” This means that whatever man sends out in word or deed, will return to him; what he gives, he will receive
Read Also: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle