Read This: The power of your subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy
The power of your subconscious mind was first published in 1963 and has had a number of newer editions since then but not lacking its original content. The book was written by Joseph Murphy a new thought minister who believed that the only god we should recognize is the God in us.
The book has 368 pages and talks about the power that lies in us; the power beyond our mind’s logic but can only be harnessed if we gain proper or considerable control of our negative thoughts and emotions. Below are 10 quotes from the book.
1. The only path by which another person can upset you is through your own thought
2. Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire. Your desire is your prayer. It comes out of your deepest needs and it reveals the things you want in life.
3. The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.
4. All of us have our own inner fears, beliefs, opinions. These inner assumptions rule and govern our lives. A suggestion has no power in and of itself. Its power arises from the fact that you accept it mentally.
Read Also: READ THIS: THE ALCHEMIST BY PAULO COELHO
5. As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment
6. Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately, and wonders will happen in your life
7. You grow old when you lose interest in life, when you cease to dream, to hunger after new truths, and to search for new worlds to conquer. When your mind is open to new ideas, new interests, and when you raise the curtain and let in the sunshine and inspiration of new truths of life and the universe, you will be young and vital
8. If you remain faithful to your mental attitude, your prayer will be answered
9. You must make certain to give your subconscious only suggestions, which heal, bless, elevate and inspire you in all your ways. Remember that your subconscious mind cannot take a joke. It takes you at your word.
10. Remember, you have the capacity to choose. Choose life! Choose love! Choose health!